Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Love It or Hate It...Guacamole

I hate Monday's. I know everyone hates Monday's but I hate them because it means I have to start wearing a bra again. If I were president, or dictator I would ban bras. Or some how make sure that it became the norm in American society to not have to wear a bra. I've heard so many women say they don't feel comfortable without a bra. But really this is because we have grown up knowing it is unacceptable to let our breasts hang out and hang loose. I have heard there are some non-profits that are trying to collect bras because there have been health related issues for women that do not wear bras and then I have heard there is no real correlation from saggy breasts and not wearing a bra. All I know is that the real reason women have to wear a bra is because if we didn't, men in the western world would never get anything done...

GUACAMOLE and FRESH TORTILLA CHIPS!
A year ago I moved into an awesome house with some awesome people. We use to come home from work in 100 degree weather and make guacamole and micheladas. This recipe is actually from the my good friend Kristin who, if she could would live off of chips, salsa and guac. But back in the days where we use to hang on the porch for hours, we'd eat, drink, and talk about nothing and everything. They were good days.

Ingredients:
2 small ripe avocados
1 ripe red tomato
2 tbs of chopped up red onion (maybe even less)
1 lime
salt
pepper
hot sauce
cilantro

Steps:
1. peel the skin off the avocado and put the good stuff into a bowl.
2. dice up the tomato and red onion (I really don't use a lot of red onion, just enough to give it a kick) put it into the bowl with the avocado.
3. juice the lime into the bowl
4. add a bit of diced cilantro, a little bit of hot sauce, salt and pepper.
5. mash it all together

***I can't tell you how much hot sauce, salt, pepper or cilantro to put in. it's in the recipe but it's up to your preference to add however much you like. Also, the key to this is to make sure the avocado and tomato are ripe.

I owe y'all a picture. It's coming soon.

so thanks kiki for the recipe because the truth is i ain't never had guac before you.

Making your own tortilla chips is cheap and easy. You can use them for guac or salsa. I especially like to make my own tortilla chips when I'm making a soup that calls for them.

Ingredients:
Flour/Corn Tortillas (fresh)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Whatever spices you desire, I prefer sea salt.

Steps:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut the round tortillas however you want (chips, strips)
3. Toss the ole' floppy tortilla slices with a glug of EEVO and enough sea salt to fit your needs. I usually just season with sea salt but feel free to add whatever you think will taste good.
4. Bake until crispy.

signing off...sassy.

1 comment:

  1. Stop making me so nostalgic!!! And I love the fact that you started a blog.
    --ConCon

    ReplyDelete