Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

Fresh Ravoli Dish

I stared at the computer screen for about 45 minutes before realizing this was not going to happen until I had iced coffee in my paws.

There are a couple of things I could rant about this Friday morning...the way NYC smells in 95 degree weather (a big thanks to emily for letting me know that is unacceptable on a food blog) or a man who I'll call Larry that works in my dad's office and does absolutely NOTHING except go into people's offices to chit chat all day. I've worked at my dad's company for 3 weeks and I have my own office. No I'm not a spoiled brat but the receptionist desk did not have the computer software I needed to do quotations. On this lovely Friday I would just like to say to Larry "get the f out of my office."

Recipe: Spring/Summer/Fresh Ravoli Dish
Adapted from 101 Cookbooks
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001568.html

this dish is so good. so light. so fresh and so delicious.

Ingredients:
12 large ravoli (i used ricotta)
1 bunch of asparagus
10 oz of frozen peas
4 handfuls of baby spinach (if you go to the 101 cookbooks link you notice there is purple spinach in her photo but I just used regular green baby spinach)
1 tbs evoo (you can always add more)
1/2 c pine nuts toasted
salt
freshly grated parmesan

**side note larry just walked in. oysters...rhode island...if he had the balls he would open a restaurant...yawn, get out larry.

Step by Step:
1. generously salt your pot of water and boil it baby.
2. add the ravoli to the pot.
3. when the ravoli surfaces, add the chopped up asparagus (I would suggest cutting them 1/2 inch each) and peas.
4. when the veggies are green, drain everything, add it to the bowl with the spinach. top everything off with the toasted pine nuts and parmesan.
5. add the evoo, a little salt and toss everything.

Serving Size: this dish is great for you and your biddie (that term is for men and women)

god speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment